Pupil Premium

Pupil Premium is additional funding that the government currently allocates to schools.

Is your child entitled?

Your child's school may be entitled to Pupil Premium funding if you receive one of the following benefits:

• Income Support Income Based Job Seekers Allowance Child Tax Credit Only (with income up to £16,190) with no element of Working Tax Credit

• National Asylum Seekers Support

• Guarantee Element of the State Pension Credit

• Employment and Support Allowance (income related)

• Universal Credit (income dependant)

If you think your child may be eligible for Pupil Premium (Free School Meals) please use the link below to apply. It is quick and easy, and available! If you need any help please contact Mrs Brennan, our Family Support Worker. Apply for pupil premium

Free school meals 

All children in reception, year 1 or year 2 are automatically entitled to free school meals under the Universal Infant Free School Meals scheme. You will need to find out from the school how to order and access the meals. How to access free school meals

Our Pupil Premium Allowance

In September 2017, we reviewed our support given to children and families and it was decided that all eligible children will have a personal allowance (amount dependent on circumstances) that can be spent/claimed back at their parents/carer's discretion, to support their education and development on approved activities or resources. This amount is pro-rata for the remaining number of terms over the school year from the point the Pupil Premium status was allocated.

Some of the potential activities or resources may include:

• School trips Attending sports clubs (both in and out of school)

• Music lessons (both in and out of school)

• Swimming lessons

• School shoes and uniform

• Recognised out of school clubs (i.e. brownies, Beavers)

• Holiday play schemes

• Selected IT equipment (not gaming)

Your Child's Pupil Premium Allowance

If we have made you aware that your child is eligible for The Pupil Premium, and you would like to make a claim, please complete our online form: Pupil premium claim form.

Due to a school's requirements under financial standards, we will be unable to pay for an activity directly without an invoice from the provider. If you have a receipt or invoice to claim for, please upload a scan or photograph with the form and we will arrange for a reimbursement, usually by BACS, which may take up to two weeks. If we do not already have your refund details, we will contact you.

Our records for Pupil Premium are now digital, and are only available for key school staff, and the child's parent/carers to view. If you would ever like to see your child's record or would like to know their remaining balance, please do not hesitate to ask. Any money not spent in a school year will be carried over to the following year up to a maximum of £150.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact:

Mrs Cathy McManus (Inclusion and Pastoral Lead)

Mrs Brennan (Family Support Worker)

Mrs Britton (Finance Officer)