Head's Update July 2021
Dear All, I hope this finds everyone safe and well and enjoying the sunshine! The DfE have announced that from September we are to do away with class bubbles and rely on Covid -19 testing more heavily. Closing class bubbles as a result of positive PCR tests is also to end from the start of new school year. We are monitoring the situation very closely and we will keep parents updated about any further changes in good time for the new school year.
Our sports days went ahead thanks to favourable weather and lots of hard work by EBPS staff and the children really enjoyed these. I am sure that we have some budding Olympians among our children.
I was really proud to get very positive feedback from Wicksteed Park staff about the conduct of our children who attended earlier this week as part of their week’s special activity timetable. Staff from the park rang me to tell me that EBPS were the best behaved that they have hosted this year. On a similar vein I was told about some of our Year 6 children helping younger children at the skate park on the recreation ground. It is at time like these when I am reminded what a lovely school EBPS is and how wonderful our children are!
The results from our recent parent survey were helpful and positive with 94% of respondents saying that they would recommend EBPS to another parent and 98% telling us that they felt their children are happy and safe in school. A large sample of children from across the school were asked similar questions and I am delighted to report that 100% of them told us that they felt safe in school and they all knew who to talk to if they were worried about something.
Year 2 enjoyed a visit from ‘History off the page’ and judging by the smiles and engagement the children really enjoyed their work. I also know that Years 3 and 4 have enjoyed their treat too. They convinced me, by the power of their persuasive writing, to go to the recreation ground for games and a picnic with their teachers and support staff. It has been a real joy to see the children out and about and enjoying each other’s company after such a trying year.
Plans are well underway to advance the children’s learning about the ‘Walk with Amal’ https://www.walkwithamal.org/ which is a truly and inspiring epic voyage based around a young refugee girl. The children are being prepared to learn about Little Amal’s amazing journey and I know that they are going take away some great learning experiences and positive memories.
We held our transition day outside as per DfE guidance and the children were able to meet their new class teacher and some new class mates too. The day was really successful and the children completed some lovely work ranging from art, writing and team work activities. It was great to see our two new teachers attending (Mrs Rees and Miss Luca). All of the children were able to see Mrs Lally who will be my successor as the new Head Teacher from next year.
In closing I would like to say that I have absolutely loved my time as Head Teacher of Earls Barton Primary school. Working alongside so many incredibly committed and dedicated staff has been a pleasure. I will really miss the children but I know that they are in really good hands!
Very best wishes and I hope you all have a great summer holiday.
Mr. D. Ribbins Head Teacher.
Recent Head's Posts
- Head's Update June 2022
- Head's Update May 2022
- Head's Update April 2022
- Head's Update March 2022
- Head's Update January 2022
- Head's Update December 2021
- Head's Update November 2021
- Head's Update October 2021
- Head's Update September 2021
- Head's Update July 2021
- Head's Update June 2021
- Head's Update May 2021
- Head's Update March 2021
- Head's Update February 2021
- Head's Update December 2020
- Head's Update November 2020
- Head's Update October 2020
- Head's Update September 2020
- Head's Update June 2020
- Head's Update March 2020
- Head's Update - February 2020
- Head's Update - January 2020
- Head's Update - December 2019
- Head's Update - November 2019
- Head's Update - October 2019
- Head's Update - September 2019
- Head's Update - July 2019
- Head's Update - June 2019
- Head's Update - May 2019
- Head's Update - April 2019
- Head's Update - March 2019
- Head's Update - February 2019
- Head's Update - December 2018
- Head's Update - November 2018
- Head's Update - October 2018
- Head's Update - September 2018
- Head's Update - July 2018
- Head's Update - June 2018
- Head's Update - April 2018
- Head's Update February 2018
- Head's Update - January 2018
- Head's Update - December 2017
- Head's Update November 10th 2017
- Head's Blog October 2017
- A new academic year!
- Sunshine, Gazebos and Shelters!